We are delighted to have Hannah Morgan as our guest blogger again. Her recipe here should be meat and drink to all portfolio workers:
This recipe calls for large quantities of self awareness, self discipline and self confidence. It will serve as many people as you want it to.
Prepare surface by conducting an honest self assessment.
In Word, mix together the following:
- 1 cup skills
- 1 tbsp characteristics
- 1/4 cup notable accomplishments
- pinch of uniqueness
In a separate document add:
- 1 lb (or 50) companies you would like to work for
- 1/3-2/3 cup (continue adding as necessary) of job titles that you could and would like to perform
- 1 cup of your elevator speech
- Add competencies to taste
Begin mixing with lots of people to gain advice and insight about your occupation, industry, etc. Learn what is out there.
Next, take the separate document (we’ll call it a Marketing Plan) and spread evenly over all your contacts.
Place Word document in hot employer oven and watch rise.