We always like to welcome guest bloggers and this is from the US so much of the data has a stars and stripes feel but I felt that there is much useful information here for UK portfolio workers who have ambitions in the writing and blogging arenas. The author is Jeralyn Nelson who is the content editor http://housesittingjobs.com/. So over to Jeralyn: –
“It isn’t difficult to find work from home opportunities online. In fact, if you enter the term into any search engine, you will get thousands of hits. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those results are either scams or the effort that you put in is not worth the meager rewards. To find legit opportunities is simply a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff, so that you are left with only the real money-makers. These 30 blogs feature legit ways that you can not only work from home, but even make a full-time living.
If you have a talent for writing and a head for research, freelancing could provide you with the opportunity you’ve been searching for. You will usually have to bid for projects against other freelancers, but if you land the right clients and turn-in excellent work, there is a chance of receiving repeat business as well. In these five blogs you will find everything you need to get started, from advice on submitting proposals to finding the best projects to match your talents.
- 20 Must-Read Blogs For Freelance Writers
- Work For Yourself, Not By Yourself
- Advice From An Elancer (Volume 9)
- Non-Fatalistic, Real-Life Tips for Freelance Writers
- Find Work As Online Freelancer
Guest and Paid Blogging
This is another form of freelance writing, but with more freedom to choose the type of work that you want to do. You can search for blogs in your niche that are looking for guest bloggers, or you can start your own blog and monetize it. You need to remember that you, as a blogger, are effectively self-employed. That means it is ultimately up to you to make your business work. Here are five blogs that will help you get a foothold in the world of paid blogging.
- How to Make the Switch Between Monetizing with Ad Network to Selling Ads Directly on Your Blog
- Why Plagiarizing On Your Blog is Always a Bad Idea
- 7 Questions You Should Ask Yourself BEFORE You Write
- 20 Sites To Get Paid For Writing And Blogging – Best Of
- Blogging with WordPress For a Successful Online Business
eBooks and Online Business
eBooks are a great way to make money from home. If you have skills or knowledge in a particular niche, you can sell that knowledge in the form of an eBook. Similarly, if you can create a business from your skills and knowledge, an online business is only a website away. The art of selling eBooks and launching online businesses is explored in greater detail in these five blogs.
- Pricing Low Vs. Pricing High: How Much Should You Charge for Your Ebook?
- How to: Sell eBooks
- How To Sell Ebooks
- How to Start That Online Business You’ve Been Thinking About
- How To Start An Online Business
In order to reduce overheads, businesses all over the world are now using virtual assistants. These are legit opportunities to work from home and get paid a regular wage. Be warned, though, that there are a lot of scams out there, too. Always use a legitimate vendor to search for virtual assistant work. You can start by checking out these five blogs on how to become a virtual assistant.
- Find Me a Match: Updates on oDesk’s Job & Freelancer Match Efforts
- How to Start Your Career as a Virtual Assistant
- 5 Steps to Get Started as a Virtual Assistant!
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant (VA)
- How I Made A Career Change While Selling My Skills Online
Skill and Talent Bidding
Much like freelance writing, talent bidding means winning clients. However, it involves projects that not just anyone has the skills to complete. These projects usually involve specialized skills or qualifications in areas such as I.T., architecture, law or medicine. In such competitive markets, this is a great way to earn money and work from home. The five blogs in this section specialize in skill and talent bidding, and are for those who have what it takes to get the job done.
- How to Build a Freelance Career in Graphic Design
- How to Make the Most of the New Fiverr Storefront
- 10 Great Places to Find Graphic Design Jobs
- What is Project4Hire and How Does It Work?
- 15+ Great Ways to Find Web Design and Development Work
Affiliate marketing has the most earning potential out of all the work from home opportunities. If you put in the work and choose the right programs, you are all but guaranteed to succeed. There are financial risks, though, so make sure you do your research. To help you decide if this niche is for you, read some of the advice from some of the best affiliate marketers in these five blogs.